Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Easy Cricket For Trout and Bluegill

In keeping with the easy to tie terrestrial theme I started with my Beetle pattern a few posts back here's a Cricket I came up with many seasons ago. I ran across it this week while digging out my summer box. For as simple and unobtrusive as it is it's profile is realistic enough to fool plenty of fish. With a few minor modifications it can also be made into an adjustable strike indicator! I promise it will catch more fish than your Thingamabobber!

Hook: Tiemco 100 sz.12
Thread: UTC 70 in Black
Tails: Black Goose Biots
Body: Black Hare's Ear or Synthetic Peacock Dubbing.
Overbody/Head: Black 2mm Craft Foam
Wing: Black Deer Hair (Sparse)
Legs: Brown Round Rubber
Sighter: Bright Colored McFly Foam




No comments:

Post a Comment