Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Easy Beetle For Trout and Bluegill


I think this is the longest I've gone without posting so here's a quick and easy terrestrial pattern. I'm starting to see quite a few Beetles around so it's just a matter of time before we can start throwing some foam. I had success with this pattern last season fishing for Hybrid Sunfish ( Great fun on a 3wt. ) , and also for Trout, fishing it by itself or using it as an indicator to suspend a small nymph or midge. It uses one of my favorite materials UV Micro Polar Chenille for the underbody that creates a buggy come eat me UV sheen. I've also done well with a smaller version (sz.16/18) that uses Montana Fly Company's Centipede Legs (Great Product!). Tie some up and catch the "Biggest Little Bluegill" in the pond or fool some Trout looking for a crunchy summertime snack!

Hook: Tiemco 100 sz.14
Thread: UTC 70 in Black
Underbody: Black UV Micro Polar Chenille
Overbody: Black 2mm Craft Foam
Legs: Brown Round Rubber
"Sighter": Small strip of Chartreuse 2mm Craft Foam







No comments:

Post a Comment